Participants: Kai Eckert, Michael Panzer, Diane Hillmann
- ACTION: Put in writing our motivation for starting Task Group (as proto-UC)
- michaelp2: What I had in mind for today was mainly organizational.
- DianeHillmann: Well, that's fine, but I'm not sure I need to be a witness to that?
- michaelp2: I wanted to rope you in for a specific favor …
- DianeHillmann: Well, I had in mind to write a short use case based on the stuff I had put up in the wiki, but I'm not sure how soon I'll be able to do that
- DianeHillmann: okay, spill it
- michaelp2: We all (at least Kai and me) would benefit a lot from a short introduction on “how to put together an application profile 101” …
- michaelp2: Perhaps by going through an example of an existing profile.
- michaelp2: Would you be game perhaps talking about the process in one of the next weeks?
- DianeHillmann: oy, that's kind of difficult at the moment, but certainly the getting started stuff is pretty solid, still I think the difficulty has been that there are problems with most of the extant APs, though SWAP did the documentation very well, mostly
- michaelp2: Tom tried to clarify / demystify, but I could need more of that.
- michaelp2: Diane: Beginning stages: Gathering use cases, creating functional requirements.
- michaelp2: … Making sure that you are constantly folding in the results of these processes.
- michaelp2: … Check Emma Tonkin's paper for DC-2010 about SWAP.
- michaelp2: Diane: Really complex model, not a whole lot of buy-in in the community.
- michaelp2: … Compare to DC-Education AP.
- michaelp2: … especially at the use cases.
- michaelp2: … Takeaway bit here is the modularity. You don't have to include everything in the AP.
- michaelp2: … UCs and functional req's are important. The fuzziness comes in for the technical bits.
- michaelp2: Michael: At one point, we have to make recommendations how it really works technically (RDF, Named Graphs, etc.)
- michaelp2: Diane: But it cannot work only in RDF!
- michaelp2: … The one true path is never gonna happen.
- michaelp2: Topic: Agenda for the next couple weeks
- michaelp2: Michael: Let's meet in two weeks and talk look at what is ready for Pittsburgh
- michaelp2: … and talk about News Aggregator Use Case of the Provenance XG
- kaiec: Review of News Aggregator Scenario: http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/prov/wiki/Analysis_of_News_Aggregator_Scenario
- michaelp2: Diane: It would good to record and publish that discussion on wiki/mailing list.
- michaelp2: Michael: This will tell us a lot about scope/out-of-scope for our endeavor.
- michaelp2: Kai: Can we move up the time of telecon?
- michaelp2: Michael: We'll try for the next telecon.
- michaelp2: ACTION: Put in writing our motivation for starting Task Group (as proto-UC)
- michaelp2: Kai: We should take more of these discussions on the mailing list.
- michaelp2: Diane: +1
- michaelp2: Thanks!
- michaelp2: Meeting adjourned.
protocol_2010_09_15.txt · Last modified: 2010/10/05 18:17 by michael